Job Demand Insights for Students
The significant economic fallout from Covid-19 and the impact on the employment market will be worrying for many young people who are hoping to find part-time work or intending to leave school and join the workforce soon. While it is a difficult area to predict and is likely to change quickly as we move into different alert levels we have provided a student-friendly summary of current predictions as well as links to some recent local employment articles you may find interesting.
Recent Articles on the NZ Job Market
- Booming gaming sector still struggling for talent, NZ Herald, 26.04.20
- Growing trend to ‘eat NZ made’ during Covid-19 lockdown, Stuff, 22.04.20
- Want a job? There are plenty of opportunities despite Covid-19 lockdown, NZ Herald, 21.04.20
- Dairy jobs on offer as Covid-19 lockdown stems flow of migrant workers, Stuff, 20.04.20
- Where will the jobs be in a post-Covid-19 world? Stuff, 19.04.20
- As COVID-19 decimates job numbers, one industry can’t hire fast enough, Newshub, 28.03.20
Students can fill out the form below and email it to MSS@paraparaumucollege.school.nz if they are worried about how Covid-19 will affect their plans for next year. One of the Careers advisors will organise a counseling session as soon as we return to school.