Parents As Career Educators
Wine, Cheese and Career Information
WHEN: Monday 10th June 2019
WHERE: Paraparaumu College Staff Room
How can you help your young person choose a career?
When should you start the conversation?
Come to an informative evening and hear from career counsellors and a panel of former and current students about their experiences in the world of study and work.
The evening will cover the following:
- The future of work
- How to make the decision between choosing a skilled trade or occupation which does not require a university degree, or aiming for a career which requires extended tertiary study
- How a Gateway placement can lead to an apprenticeship
- Engineering at an Auckland university and living in Auckland as a student
- What it is like studying at local polytechnics and private training institutes
- To gap year or not to gap year
- How to gain a university scholarship
- What it is like leaving school at the end of Year 12
- What is a Trade Academy and how can it help your young person
- Career advice takeaways for parents and caregivers
Please click on the link below to RSVP to the event: