(Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource) is an important grant used by Paraparaumu College to meet the identified learning needs of our senior students.
This is an excellent resource available for students to assist them in their career or subject choices.
The objectives of STAR are to:
- provide flexible funding for courses which will better respond to students’ needs, motivate them to achieve, and facilitate their smooth transition to further education, training or employment
- support students to explore career pathways and help them make informed decisions about their schooling and future work or study.
STAR Short courses students have been involved in the past:
- Yoobee Design holiday programmes
- First Aid
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- New Zealand School of Tourism – Hotels, Flight attending etc
- Queenstown Resort College School holiday programme
- Elite Beauty
- University of Canterbury Stage One papers in Maths
- Barista training
- Short courses at Weltec/Whitireia including Plumbing, DJ, Carpentry, Business Admin, Photography, Journalism, Radio, Automotive Engineering, Songwriting and more.
- Papa Taiao Earthcare courses – Environmental Leadership and Trapping
- Kapiti Island Maori Tourism
- Bartenders ABC
- Drug and alcohol awareness
See Mrs Kim Kelly and/or Mrs Shelley Marshall if you are interested in one of these courses